Monday, October 15, 2012

VeganMoFo2012 Day 15: Cauliflower Crust Pizza



It's Day 15! That means we're half way through VeganMoFo - woo! Today I have another VeganMoFo-inspired post thanks to Richa! Two weeks ago I made her mung bean pizza crust and yesterday I tried another of her pizza crusts.

Cauliflower Pizza Crust topped with Cucumber


Richa called this a deconstructed gobi paratha but I haven't ever had those before, I just knew her pizza once again looked amazing and I had half a cauli needing to be used up!


Richa's recipes are often gluten and soy free so I didn't have to make any major changes. My cauli half was quite large and I used two small potatoes instead of one medium and I added a couple more tablespoons of chickpea flour because the mixture was too wet to form into a ball. I baked it on parchment paper on top of our pizza stone.


I had to bake mine a lot longer as well, I think I made it too thick to begin with because the middle was soft for ages, I think it was in the oven for almost an hour but it got there eventually!


I topped the pizza with a brown onion rather than red and I used some soy free vegan mayo in place of the raita as there is no plain, vegan, gluten and soy free yoghurt available here.

This was delicious, I liked the addition of raw toppings, it felt more summery and I served it with watercress because we got a bunch in the veg box this week.

If you're looking for a creative new way to use up cauliflower, try Richa's cauli pizza crust!



18 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

You're in the future! I have to wait until tomorrow to start celebrating being halfway through MoFo! I feel like it's been less stressful than last year, I'm glad I decided not to do the cookbook challenge for a whole week straight this time! I love the look of your pizza crust, I always stick to the same old wheat flour base but I'll definitely try something like this next summer.

GiGi said...

Hey guess what I finally came to your blog and new what all the ingredients were:)
Ah Richa's pizza yay and yum. I am going to be utilizing some cukes my self tonight.

Erinwiko said...

Yum! This looks super fresh and delicious. I've been loving Richa's posts too, I've got my eye on that thick oat crust she posted a little while ago.

Caitlin said...

i've been wanting to try this one! now it's a must!!

Kittee Bee Berns said...

cooooool!!!!

VeggieAmanda said...

What a fascinating idea for a pizza crust. It looks delicious and pretty too!!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

It looks so crispy and tasty! I love how versatile cauliflower is. Happy half-way-through-MoFo day! :D

Mihl said...

Wow, I've several pizza recipes made with cauliflower based crust recently. Those people must be up to something! Your version looks gorgeous!

Richa said...

Super awesome! Thanks for tryingn it out mandee! So glad you liked it! I love that fat crust. That definitely would take longer. Depends on the cauliflower too . Sometimes they just have too much moisture:).
Cukes and mayo I am sure taste awesome on it!

Justin leon said...

I have a good experience of eating varieties of Pizza. My Favorite one is Best Pizza in Melbourne. Your Cauliflower Pizza is also attracting me much.

Mel said...

That looks fantastic, what a great idea for GF pizza!

Maggie Muggins said...

Very cool, who woulda thunk to put cauliflower in pizza crust! Looks super yummy and fresh.

Richa said...

and happy mid mofo!

foodfeud said...

It looks beautiful! You and Richa did a very nice job.

AG said...

Fantastic idea! Very creative. I love your blog by the way :)

A. Gulden from VegFusion

Allysia said...

Ahh, the cauliflower crust is another thing I've seen floating around the interwebz and have been meaning to try. It's just not one of those veggies I have lying around my fridge though - I'll have to make a conscious effort to pick some up!

Fanny said...

I have yet to try a cauliflower crust pizza, but yours looks fab for sure!

Kyleigh said...

I made this pizza a while back too and it was super delicious!!!!

VeganMoFo 2013

Follow with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

I attended

I attended
Vida Vegan Con 2013

About Me

My Photo
Mandee
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I went vegan in 2006 and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I love baking cupcakes and reading books and often wish I could combine both activities without disastrous results. If I’m not in the kitchen you’ll find me photographing food, cuddling my three kittehs or re-watching my favourite tv shows over and over again with my boyfriend. Due to food sensitivities I don't eat gluten or soy and yes, vegan, gluten free and soy free food is still delicious! Twitter: CupcakeKitteh
View my complete profile

Followers

Blog Archive

Bloglovin' followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Search

Loading...

Tags

Blog Archive