Thursday, October 25, 2012

VeganMoFo2012 Day 25: Goddess Niçoise Salad



Moving onto another of my new favourite cookbooks: Appetite for Reduction! I've had this book since last year but haven't made much from it, though I plan on changing that because I've loved everything I've tried so far.

Goddess Niçoise Salad

I've never had a Niçoise salad but this salad really appealed to me and I had some baby potatoes and green beans to put to good use. This recipe was already gluten and soy free - yay, but I did leave out the olives (yuck), the capers (didn't have any, not sure if I like 'em), and the red onion (I didn't have one).  This was easy to prepare as the only things that need cooking are the potatoes and the chickpeas.


Green Goddess Garlic Dressing

The dressing is gluten free and soy free if you skip the miso, like I did. I stuck with the rest of the ingredients but I did cook the garlic rather than leaving it raw.


Yum, yum, yum! This was one delicious and filling salad. I loved all of the elements, especially the dressing! Looking back at these photos now, I wish I had made this again so I'm going to have to do something about that, STAT!

Let me know your fave recipes from AFR!



12 comments:

Caitlin said...

i love appetite for reduction, too! that is actually one of the salads i have yet to try, but it's on my list. it looks fantastic!

Joey said...

I love the look of that, but I'd definitely have to go overboard with the olives and capers both!

Mel said...

This looks great, I'll have to try it this summer. I promised myself that I would make some of the AFR salads last summer and never did as I'm really not motivated by salads or cold foods.

The recipe I have made the most from AFR is the baked falafels, my son actually prefers them over fried ones which I find so strange. I also love the smoky split pea soup and there were other soup recipes that I loved too (wrong time of year for us though).

VeggieAmanda said...

Goddess is my favorite dressing! I have this book, so I need to try the dressing from it. Funny how I never noticed it!

Amey said...

oh cool, I'm happy to read your review of this salad. I've almost made it a few times, but never actually followed through. I think my husband would really like it.

vegan.in.brighton said...

That looks super delicious, I don't know why I haven't tried it yet!

Allysia said...

Oh man, I pretty much always have to have olives in my salad, I love them so much! To each their own, of course. :) I like the look of that chickpea filling...can't wait 'til my copy of AfR comes in the mail!

Maggie Muggins said...

I cook pretty frequently from that book, I haven't tried that salad but I love all the other ones. The Sanctuary Chef salad with the baked tofu is my fav!

Tea and Sympatico said...

Good to see that cookbook. i have decided once Mofo has finsihed that I am going to try to eat super healthy in the six weeks before Christmas so I'll definitely be using that book. I've tended to make the same few recipes from it so it's good to see some other ones.

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

The Goddess Nicoise Salad caught my eye too, but I will also be enjoying it without the yucky olives!

Sarah said...

I love AFR too! And this salad!

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/01/clever-chicks-blog-hop-17-and-secret.html



I hope you can make it!

Cheers,

Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

VeganMoFo 2013

Follow with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

I attended

I attended
Vida Vegan Con 2013

About Me

My Photo
Mandee
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I went vegan in 2006 and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I love baking cupcakes and reading books and often wish I could combine both activities without disastrous results. If I’m not in the kitchen you’ll find me photographing food, cuddling my three kittehs or re-watching my favourite tv shows over and over again with my boyfriend. Due to food sensitivities I don't eat gluten or soy and yes, vegan, gluten free and soy free food is still delicious! Twitter: CupcakeKitteh
View my complete profile

Followers

Blog Archive

Bloglovin' followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Search

Loading...

Tags

Blog Archive