Wednesday, October 3, 2012

VeganMoFo2012 Day 3: Pea and Zucchini Rostis



Last year we watched a couple of episodes of a show called The Great British Food Revival. Each show featured a chef and they chose a type of produce to highlight via few recipes. 


This recipe caught my eye, the show was highlighting peas and they're something we hardly ever eat. I can't remember what I did about the ground rice, I thought it was a bit of an odd ingredient, I think I may have replaced it with some brown rice flour. I replaced the eggs with 1 No Egg and the mixture held together well while cooking and I left out the parmesan and didn't replace it. The tomato dressing was also easy to make. 


These were great, I liked the combination of basil and pine nuts and the dressing went well with the rostis, too.

I had a coupe of extra zucchinis left over so I made some the next night minus the peas and pressed them a bit flatter as well.



It was quite a good show and I'm sure there were move recipes I wanted to try and adapt. You can find a list of them here

16 comments:

VeggieAmanda said...

They look delicious! I hardly ever eat peas either. This seems like a good way to add them back!

lazysmurf said...

Those look great! I never think of peas either unless I'm making Arroz con seitan from Viva Vegan which I do make a lot.

Maggie Muggins said...

They look so cute and tasty!

Kittee Bee Berns said...

I love how you're narrating old photos and trying to remember how you made each dish!

xo
kittee

Dawn said...

Yum! I forget to use peas much. I like them though and this looks like a great way to use them. And I love that square blue plate!

glutenfreehappytummy.com said...

what a delicious and interesting dish!

Caitlin said...

these look delicious, girl! i love your adaptations.

Sal said...

Nice. I love peas, I never think of fun things to do with them though!

Nikki said...

yum yum yum! I love British cooking shows, old and new. Both the pea and zucchini version sound delicious :)

eatingappalachia.com said...

Those rostis look really interesting! I eat peas as a throw-in of sorts for lots of dishes, but never think to make them a focal point. I definitely like the idea of a fritter-type thing made out of them!

vegan.in.brighton said...

I love peas and I love rostis. I'll have to try this soon.

Joey said...

Rostis are the food of kings!

Emmy said...

Funny, I hardly use peas too! These look great.

Chubby Vegan Mom said...

Our two-year-old ADORES peas, I bet she would gobble this up in a heartbeat! Awesome :)

Allysia said...

Those are adorable! I also agree that the ground rice is a strange addition, but who knows, maybe it's this super awesome binder - kinda curious now. And zucchini fritters are always good!

Kelly said...

These look great!

VeganMoFo 2013

Follow with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

I attended

I attended
Vida Vegan Con 2013

About Me

My Photo
Mandee
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I went vegan in 2006 and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I love baking cupcakes and reading books and often wish I could combine both activities without disastrous results. If I’m not in the kitchen you’ll find me photographing food, cuddling my three kittehs or re-watching my favourite tv shows over and over again with my boyfriend. Due to food sensitivities I don't eat gluten or soy and yes, vegan, gluten free and soy free food is still delicious! Twitter: CupcakeKitteh
View my complete profile

Followers

Blog Archive

Bloglovin' followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Search

Loading...

Tags

Blog Archive