Wednesday, October 31, 2012

VeganMoFo2012 Day 31: Kitteh-extravaganza!



Happy end of VeganMoFo, everyone! This month has flown by (as it always does) and it was FUN! I have saved the best until last, today I will be sharing a bunch of photos of my 3 cats and vegan food!

I've done similar posts in previous VeganMoFos (here and here) and you guys probably know Maya and Myena well but this year we got a new kitten, Molly, introduced on the blog here and featured in a vlog here.

Sometimes they're all circling and I managed to get all of them in this photo (Maya is just up in the top left corner)



Maya and Myena are both about six years old now and they have mellowed out a lot. They used to be keen to investigate any food I photographed but these days they sit back and let me photograph.


Myena and beetroot risotto

Myena and empanadas

Maya and another chocolate orange spice cake (and Molly in the background)

Maya with pb squares

Maya's nose and mango ice cream

On the other hand, Molly thinks food photography = meal time! She is always up in everything and doesn't understand why all the foods are not for her!

Molly sticking her head into a shot of leek, mushroom & kale pie

Molly getting up close and personal with some chestnut cupcakes 

Molly getting even closer to a slice of mushy orange cake (recipe soon to be on the blog)

Molly taking a good sniff of some stew

Molly sneaking up on some sweet potato, kale, pesto pizza

And sometimes she just decides to take a swipe and hope she gets something, like a beet burger 

Or she walks in front of the camera 

And she's now taken to sitting in my food photography set up, I guess she thinks if she waits here while I cook, she has a good chance of trying to get some food when it's ready to be photographed!

Molly has grown so much, she's about eight months old now and both Myena and Maya put up with her - most of the time. She does tend to pick on Maya, who was the first one to accept her, poor Maya! And they all sleep on the couch together or fight for the spot on my lap. Sometimes I end up with two on my lap and one in my arms, mega-kitteh-cuddles! She's a real sweety and enjoys cuddles and smushing her face onto mine as well as sitting on my stomach while I do crunches or on my back when I do push ups - very helpful!

And that's it for VeganMoFo2012! I hope you all enjoyed this final post, I know I love seeing photos of bloggers' pets + vegan food!

Thank you to everyone who dropped by and commented on posts, I've enjoyed reading every single one and it's been great to catch up with old blogging friends as well as discovering new bloggers :) I'm looking forward to a short break for the rest of the week but I am going to try and get back into the swing of food blogging and not let the VeganMoFo burn out get me again! 

Mands xox



32 comments:

FeistyKel said...

lol I love this post! KITTEHS and vegan food ALL TOGETHER. You win the interwebz!

vegan.in.brighton said...

This post is such a perfect end to MoFo, your kitties are adorable and I love seeing peoples food photography set up's!

Kate said...

I love all your kitties! My cats also think if I'm in the kitchen this = snack!

VeggieAmanda said...

Kitties and food- cute! I like the one of the cats at the table, like they are about to enjoy a meal. :-)

Dawn said...

I love this post! I am also interested in the orange cake.

Joey said...

That's the sweetest post - had me in stiches (and cat envy!)
Enjoy the break - hope there'll be no burnout, and much more blogging to come!

Shannon said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. This is the cutest thing I have seen in so long!

Erinwiko said...

Haha, this post is amazing. I'm totally a dog person, but your cats look so fun!

kalamckala said...

ADORABLE! Oh my gosh, Maya with the PB squares is my favorite for sure! I can't get over their curious lil noses!

ZuckerBaby said...

Wow, look at how much Molly has grown! I remember when you found her! All of your cats are so cute :) My (extremely elderly) cats have pretty much no interest in my attempts at food photography...

Maggie Muggins said...

Kitty photo bomb!
All mofos should end like this, neverending cute kitty pictures :)

Hannah said...

OMG this is my life. Cats are so helpful!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

You did save the best for last! Kittehs! I love all three kittehs! I love how they all want to at least sniff what you're photographing! The picture of Myena and beetroot pesto pizza cracks me up! Her face! This was the perfect way to say goodbye to MoFo. I can't believe you blogged even during the weekends - I am barely going to make it and I took the weekends off! You rock!

eatingwiththerabbits said...

I love this post! makes me miss having cats around, even if they do try to stick their noses in my food while I'm taking pictures :) your kitties are all so adorable. I've really enjoyed your MoFo posts (though I still have a few left to read - will be spending a few hours catching up with my feed reader soon :) - can't wait for next year!

bitt said...

so cute.

Mel said...

This is such an adorable post, all of your kittehs are so cute! What a great way to end the month and I really enjoyed reading all of your posts. I hope you don't burn out, I'm looking forward to seeing what you get up to with Vegan Eats World!

Kate said...

Aw too cute :)

Claryn said...

Hahaha, I love this. My feline housemates have always been great at sneaking into food photos, too -- forget leaving the room to grab an SD card if you don't want to come back to find tiny little tongue marks all over your plate.

vegfusion said...

Now I know what you mean by cupcake kitteh :) The cutest post ever!

Kittee Bee Berns said...

I LOVE THESE.
xo
kittee

Caitlin said...

your kitteh is ADORABLE! i love love loved this post <3

Allysia said...

A ha ha ha, your cats are awesome. :) I love how they get all up in your food's grill! My parents have cats and whenever I eat around them, they don't even care about bugging me anymore because they know I have no meat, ha ha. :) Have a good MoFo break!!

Andrea said...

It's funny (or not depending on the situation!) how some kitties are fascinated with food and others don't pay any attention to it. At my son's house, not food can be left unguarded because the cats will eat it! They sometimes keep food hidden in the microwave so the cats can't find it. Our cats were very particular about food. One of them would only eat peanut butter and the other loved carrots. Fun photos — and looking forward to orange cake!

Richa said...

i love love this post! my pom used to stick around before and as soon as i turned, the food would be in his mouth. so i had to remove him from the set up. now he knows not to get too near unless i ask him to clean up the crumbs on the floor after the pictures:))

Amey said...

EXCELLENT post! I love the one where she is swiping at the burgers. Hee hee! kitties are so wonderful!!!

Tea and Sympatico said...

What a lovely post. Really made me smile. I love the one with the paw and the beet burger!

eatingappalachia.com said...

Aaaah love all those cats! I love pictures of cats sneaking around food--your clan looks adorable. :) I had a blast reading all your MoFo posts this year!

Sarah said...

it all looks great but that orange cake looks extra yummy.

vanessa said...

Cute cat!!

Erin said...

Best post ever! I love that Molly thinks that if she sits in the food area, it will come to her. My cat does the same to my boyfriend - any time he even walks in the kitchen the cat goes and sits by his feet and meows.

Bella Brides said...

The cats are very cute.

INGRID said...

Squeal! Cutest post ever. LOVE the cats, especially the ones where Molly inches closer and closer.

VeganMoFo 2013

Follow with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

I attended

I attended
Vida Vegan Con 2013

About Me

My Photo
Mandee
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I went vegan in 2006 and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I love baking cupcakes and reading books and often wish I could combine both activities without disastrous results. If I’m not in the kitchen you’ll find me photographing food, cuddling my three kittehs or re-watching my favourite tv shows over and over again with my boyfriend. Due to food sensitivities I don't eat gluten or soy and yes, vegan, gluten free and soy free food is still delicious! Twitter: CupcakeKitteh
View my complete profile

Followers

Blog Archive

Bloglovin' followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Search

Loading...

Tags

Blog Archive