Wednesday, September 11, 2013

VeganMoFo2013 Day 11: Garlic Bread



My theme for VeganMoFo this year is: MoFo Mimic! Each year I bookmark a bunch of posts intending to try out the amazing recipes fellow vegan food bloggers come up with and I don't often get around to trying them. So, this year I have made a list and I will be highlighting some of my favourite vegan food bloggers!

Last week I made pecan butter from The Vegan Chickpea, and today I want to share another meal from Caitlin's great gluten free & vegan blog!

Garlic Bread
Last year Caitlin shared this really simple recipe for homemade garlic bread. I had some rice bread kickin' around the fridge as well as some Daiya I discovered in my freezer during my kitchen tour so this was easy to make.



I left off the herbs as I was sure Chris would want to try this (and he did) but I would love to make it again and this time include the herbs. The bread went all crispy-crunchy round the edges and it was perfectly garlicky, salty, and oily. It went well with a bowl of the butternut alfredo I mentioned yesterday.


10 comments:

Joey said...

I have a complete weakness for garlic bread - I fear I couldn't be let loose on this in case I lapsed into a carb coma!

Mel said...

I'm the same as Joey - I can be full to brim with dinner and still scoff down a couple of pieces of garlic bread if it's around. I made some GB tonight and am still so full from overindulging on it!

vegan.in.brighton said...

Yummy, I love cheesy garlic bread.

Allysia said...

Ah man, everyone's posting sandwiches, and now you with the heavenly daiya garlic bread concoction...I really want bread now! Which is fortunate because I'm going shopping today, ha ha. :)

VeggieAmanda said...

Looks delicious. I eat rice bread too and it has to be dressed up and this is a perfect way to do it! :-)

Cadry said...

I'm a big fan of Caitlin's blog! It's nice to see a couple of her recipes featured here. It's been such a long time since I've had cheesy bread. Thanks for the reminder!

Dawn said...

Oh yum! That rice bread browned perfectly - really the only way to eat it.

Maggie Muggins said...

Mmm, I love garlic bread, now all you need is a great big bowl of pasta :)

River said...

So simple and yummy! This reminds me that I made a batch of coconut milk cheddar yesterday using the Thai Kitchen coconut milk (the one with guar gum) and it's firm and sliceable, just like it used to be when I first found the recipe. Next week I will make a batch with the new coconut milk brand (without guar gum) to see what happens. Watch this space!

Sal said...

Yummy I love cheesy garlic bread.

VeganMoFo 2013

Follow with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

I attended

I attended
Vida Vegan Con 2013

About Me

My Photo
Mandee
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I went vegan in 2006 and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I love baking cupcakes and reading books and often wish I could combine both activities without disastrous results. If I’m not in the kitchen you’ll find me photographing food, cuddling my three kittehs or re-watching my favourite tv shows over and over again with my boyfriend. Due to food sensitivities I don't eat gluten or soy and yes, vegan, gluten free and soy free food is still delicious! Twitter: CupcakeKitteh
View my complete profile

Followers

Blog Archive

Bloglovin' followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Search

Loading...

Tags

Blog Archive