Saturday, September 14, 2013

VeganMoFo2013 Day 14: Escondido Tacos


My theme for VeganMoFo this year is: MoFo Mimic! Each year I bookmark a bunch of posts intending to try out the amazing recipes fellow vegan food bloggers come up with and I don't often get around to trying them. So, this year I have made a list and I will be highlighting some of my favourite vegan food bloggers!

Vida Vegan Con was an amazing way to meet new bloggers as well as bloggers I've been following for years. Steph from Lazy Smurf and I have always said we'd meet up for tacos someday and while we did get to hang out in PDX, I don't think we ate tacos (did we, Steph? VVC is just a happy, food-filled blur to me!) Though we did go and get bowls from Canteen on my last day and those were awesome!

I am going way, way back in time to when Steph made these tacos in VeganMoFo 2008! I love broccoli and I love avo so these looked like the perfect taco for me. I left out the shoyu, Worchestershire, and kelp. I had some leftover chipotles in adobo so I added those to the refried beans, plus I used broccolini instead of broccoli.



The filling is great: spicy, garlicky, as well crunchy thanks to the broccolini. I was out all day yesterday and was really looking forward to getting home so I could enjoy another couple of these!


Steph and some other VeganMoFo bloggers are currently on a Taco Cleanse, the results are phenomenal! Have you had your daily taco today?

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Taco cleanse much be catching on. I made tacos yesterday too. They'll be posted sometime in the next week. Those look beautiful!

veganmiam.com said...

Broccolini tacos sound pretty good since they provide a crunchy texture!

vegan.in.brighton said...

Oh man, I can't wait to get my taco on this week!!

VeggieAmanda said...

Broccoli in tacos is a great idea. I've never tried that before, but it sounds delicious!

Sal said...

Nice, I like the idea of broccoli in a taco!

River said...

Broccoli/broccolini tacos! There's something I've never had before! That's very interesting. Taco Cleanse participants are so badass! I have a hard time sticking to a MoFo theme even when I'm not restricted to one type of food!

Maggie Muggins said...

It just wouldn't be right to do a post about Steph without mentioning tacos :) Those look great!

lazysmurf said...

Ahh! The Broccoli tacos!!! This makes me so happy :)

VeganMoFo 2013

Follow with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

I attended

I attended
Vida Vegan Con 2013

About Me

My Photo
Mandee
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I went vegan in 2006 and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I love baking cupcakes and reading books and often wish I could combine both activities without disastrous results. If I’m not in the kitchen you’ll find me photographing food, cuddling my three kittehs or re-watching my favourite tv shows over and over again with my boyfriend. Due to food sensitivities I don't eat gluten or soy and yes, vegan, gluten free and soy free food is still delicious! Twitter: CupcakeKitteh
View my complete profile

Followers

Blog Archive

Bloglovin' followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Search

Loading...

Tags

Blog Archive