Tuesday, September 17, 2013

VeganMoFo2013 Day 17: Lemony Herb Potato Soup


My theme for VeganMoFo this year is: MoFo Mimic! Each year I bookmark a bunch of posts intending to try out the amazing recipes fellow vegan food bloggers come up with and I don't often get around to trying them. So, this year I have made a list and I will be highlighting some of my favourite vegan food bloggers!

Another wonderful blogger that I got to meet at VVC is Nikki from Eat to the Beet! We sat next to each other during one of the sessions and it was so lovely to finally meet her! Nikki always has great gluten free and vegan food on her blog.

This is just what I need right now. I mentioned having a headache yesterday, and today my throat is a bit scratchy. I'm blaming the lovely spring weather and the breeze that keeps blowing pollen around. 

The only substitution I made was to use baby spinach in place of kale, I also added some corn and celery.


Normally I'd turn my nose up at a plain ol' veggie soup, but this one is fantastic and so full of flavour. The lemon and the chilli add a great kick and I'm so glad I'll have leftovers for the next couple of days




14 comments:

Joey said...

That looks like the perfect soup for a winter day when the rain's howling outside and you've got a good book and a bowl on the sofa!

Joey said...

That looks like the perfect soup for a winter day when the rain's howling outside and you've got a good book and a bowl on the sofa!

Sal said...

Looks great. It's starting to get really cold and horrible here so I think there'll be lots of soups being rustled up in my kitchen in the near future!

Mel said...

That does look like a perfect pick me up! I love adding a bit of lemon juice to soups.

VeggieAmanda said...

This looks delicious! I feel like you do about vegetable soup, but this one seems worth a try!

Cadry said...

This sounds like the sort of comforting soup that would be perfect for when you have a bit of a cold or a sore throat, especially with the lemon and herbs.

Allysia said...

Nikki is super awesome! And this soup looks great, I love a good brothy-lemony potato soup. Feel better!

Dawn said...

That does look tasty. I really like lemon in soup, which was a surprise to me the first time I tried it. Hope you're on the mend quickly <3

Dawn said...

That does look tasty. I really like lemon in soup, which was a surprise to me the first time I tried it. Hope you're on the mend quickly <3

Nikki said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you like the soup. It's one of my favorite cold-weather staples.

You are the sweetest. I'm thrilled that we met at VVC and hope that we get to hang out again someday!

dreaminitvegan said...

I love the lemon addition maybe because I love lemons! We are almost in to the autumn and this would be perfect right now to add just a bit of warmth yet still refreshing.

River said...

I love me some good ol' vegetable soup. Yep, that looks like it's just what the doctor ordered to get rid of the sickies. I hope your throat feels better soon!

Bobbie {thevegancrew} said...

This looks wonderful, especially now that the temps are starting to fall!

Janyce Denise Glasper said...

Yummy!!! I would love to make this for my soups week!!!! Cannot believe I haven't even made a potato kind. Lord knows I need all of the help I can get to feel better! :D

VeganMoFo 2013

Follow with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

I attended

I attended
Vida Vegan Con 2013

About Me

My Photo
Mandee
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I went vegan in 2006 and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I love baking cupcakes and reading books and often wish I could combine both activities without disastrous results. If I’m not in the kitchen you’ll find me photographing food, cuddling my three kittehs or re-watching my favourite tv shows over and over again with my boyfriend. Due to food sensitivities I don't eat gluten or soy and yes, vegan, gluten free and soy free food is still delicious! Twitter: CupcakeKitteh
View my complete profile

Followers

Blog Archive

Bloglovin' followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Search

Loading...

Tags

Blog Archive