Sunday, September 29, 2013

VeganMoFo2013 Day 29: Buffalo Mac Salad


My theme for VeganMoFo this year is: MoFo Mimic! Each year I bookmark a bunch of posts intending to try out the amazing recipes fellow vegan food bloggers come up with and I don't often get around to trying them. So, this year I have made a list and I will be highlighting some of my favourite vegan food bloggers!

Second last day of VeganMoFo 2013 - yeah!

This recipe comes from Joni at Just the Food. I recently found brown rice macaroni in my local supermarket and wanted to try it out since I can never find macaroni shaped gluten free pasta. I also used cashews in place of tofu and left out the garlic powder.


The pasta held up really well while boiled and I liked the taste and texture. The dressing was easy to whip up and the cashews made it nice and creamy.


I went to the beach today and I took a container of this with me so my friend and I had some lunch, plus a bottle of homemade strawberry lemonade - perfect beach snacks!


One more day, one more day, one more day!!

12 comments:

veganmiam.com said...

Nice find on the brown rice macaroni, and the salad looks fantastic and creamy from the cashews! Ah, congrats completing the Vegan Mofo series!

Joey said...

Is that one more day, one more day or happiness or relief?! In the meantime, mac and cheese looks fab!

Randi (laughfrodisiac) said...

Yum looks good! I've never brought pasta to the beach. That is pretty dumb of me! Pasta belongs everywhere!

Golden Sun Restaurant said...

Looks crazy good, thanks for the recipe! This reminds me of the time I used to cook all the time at home, before I got too busy managing a Chinese Restaurant in Capalaba area. You just inspired me cook this weekend!

Susan said...

I really like that macaroni, I've seen it popping up up in a few different places.

Dawn said...

I seriously want that. It's so colorful and sounds so creamy.

Dawn said...

I seriously want that. It's so colorful and sounds so creamy.

Mel said...

I'm loving buffalo flavours in everything these days so I know I would enjoy this!

VeggieAmanda said...

That brown rice pasta looks nice. I have tried some varieties that fall apart. It can be tricky to find a good one! And the pasta looks so colorful and cheery. Oh...and delicious!

River said...

Cashews are magical like that! The one brown rice pasta that I tried a couple of years ago was pretty inedible. I can't even remember what brand it was because I erased it from my memory :D

vegan.in.brighton said...

That looks so good! I've never seen gluten free macaroni either, I always end up with rice spirals or penne when I fancy g/f.

Cigdem C said...

This has made me hungry! Looks really nice!!

www.cigdemskitchen.com

VeganMoFo 2013

Follow with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

I attended

I attended
Vida Vegan Con 2013

About Me

My Photo
Mandee
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I went vegan in 2006 and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I love baking cupcakes and reading books and often wish I could combine both activities without disastrous results. If I’m not in the kitchen you’ll find me photographing food, cuddling my three kittehs or re-watching my favourite tv shows over and over again with my boyfriend. Due to food sensitivities I don't eat gluten or soy and yes, vegan, gluten free and soy free food is still delicious! Twitter: CupcakeKitteh
View my complete profile

Followers

Blog Archive

Bloglovin' followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Search

Loading...

Tags

Blog Archive