Friday, September 6, 2013

VeganMoFo2013 Day 6: Gluten free brownies



My theme for VeganMoFo this year is: MoFo Mimic! Each year I bookmark a bunch of posts intending to try out the amazing recipes fellow vegan food bloggers come up with and I don't often get around to trying them. So, this year I have made a list and I will be highlighting some of my favourite vegan food bloggers!

Kittee from Cake Maker to the Stars is a great gluten free baker. I saw these brownies last year and immediately bookmarked them because while I like de-glutenising recipes, it's nice every once in a while to use a recipe and not have to think about it! I got to meet Kittee at VVC this year and she's awesome!

I've had teff flour in my pantry for about a year (also due to Kittee) and was glad to finally open it for this recipe. I left out the marshmallows and subbed in pecans as I found I was out of walnuts.



As promised, these were fudgy and super chocolatey! 


I served them with strawberries because chocolate baked goods + strawbs = a perfect match!



15 comments:

Susan said...

I just bought some Teff flour, so I'm looking for things to make with it.

Sandy said...

What an awesome idea for a theme! I have a massive list of recipes I want to try too..... but never get around to them lol

veganmiam.com said...

Wow, you are catching up with blogging! I'm falling behind ;( I will be posting my 4th Vegan Mofo sometimes today. I like your theme, "MoFo Mimic." Nom nom on your gluten-free super chocolatey and fudgy brownies, I love strawberries with them.

veggiesara said...

Very interesting theme, I should work on all those recipes I pinned too...
These brownies look particularly good (I think I pinned those to a while ago..)

Hannah B. said...

That brownie looks sooo yummy. I haven't had a brownie in forever, and I'm always interested in GF baking. I mean...why not, right? Bookmarked!

Cadry said...

This is such a great theme idea! I've pinned so many mouthwatering things over the years, but I rarely get back to making them. Most of the time, I crack open one of the cookbooks in my cupboard instead.

The brownies look so moist and dense!

VeggieAmanda said...

Those look fabulous! I love Cake Maker to the Stars! :-) I could go for a brownie right now.....

Jes said...

Yay for awesome brownies!

veganhomemade said...

The texture on those brownies looks perfect!

vegan.in.brighton said...

I was literally googling for xgfx brownie recipes yesterday and I came across this recipe! I'm excited to see that you liked it.

Geanna M said...

Yum - these look absolutely delicious!!

Rachel Hallows said...

Wow, that looks amazing! I've seen non-GF brownies that don't look that good.

Dawn said...

I agree on the chocolate + strawberry equation.

River said...

Oh that crusty top! This is the kind of baked good that I need to only make half of the recipe because I will not rest until it's all in my belly. Kittee FTW!

Maggie Muggins said...

Oh wow those look good! I bookmarked that recipe a while ago and haven't gotten around to making it. Glad to know they're just as tasty as they look.

VeganMoFo 2013

Follow with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

I attended

I attended
Vida Vegan Con 2013

About Me

My Photo
Mandee
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I went vegan in 2006 and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I love baking cupcakes and reading books and often wish I could combine both activities without disastrous results. If I’m not in the kitchen you’ll find me photographing food, cuddling my three kittehs or re-watching my favourite tv shows over and over again with my boyfriend. Due to food sensitivities I don't eat gluten or soy and yes, vegan, gluten free and soy free food is still delicious! Twitter: CupcakeKitteh
View my complete profile

Followers

Blog Archive

Bloglovin' followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Search

Loading...

Tags

Blog Archive